KCDD Council Member Application
The Kansas Council on Developmental Disabilities (KCDD) will be accepting applications for new council members starting January 2012.
40% of the Council is made up of state agency representatives appointed by the Governor.
The other 60%, by Federal Law, is made up of:
• A person with a developmental disabilities (self advocate)
• Parent or guardian of a child with a developmental disability
• A relative or guardian of an adult with a developmental disability that cannot advocate for him/herself
• A person with a developmental disability that is institutionalized or was previously institutionalized
• A relative or guardian of a person with a developmental disability that is institutionalized or was previously institutionalized
If you are interested in applying to be on the Council, you will need to fill out the KCDD Application & Governor Appointments to Boards and Commissions Application which is attached below. The process is that the Council will review applications and make recommendations to the Governor’s office for appointment. The Governor’s office makes the final decision. Notification by the Governor’s office would probably be made in June or July.